Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Knickers, the Discount, and the Homemade Dinner with Scotch

London -- Needless to say, a red-eye flight with only 15 minutes of zzz's has left me beat. Although, a handful of events in the last 28 hours keeps me from shutting down (it's 10:31 pm and I'm reclined).
My first run-in with an English accent led me to pursue small talk about London and weather. After commenting on the cold temperatures (low 60's), the accented girl asked if I brought plenty of knickers. That caught me off guard.
There are always two types of people to be avoided as neighbors when it comes to flight seating: 1) the excessive talker, 2) and the "overflow" neighbor. In short, I feel a 15% reimbursement is due since 15% of my seat was not occupied by me.
After picking up luggage and going through customs, we tripped over to our U house via coach buses and waited for hours upon hours.
My three roommates and I finally met our taxi and drove a terrifying drive to our Muswell Hill abode. The street lines seem to be more guidelines than restrictions.
We're very fortunate to have such great host parents. Mags made pasta with chocolate muffins, and we toasted over some scotch to a good semester.

1 comment:

  1. But did you bring Union Jack knickers? I think that's what she was hinting at. See, I told you. Glad you got there safely and stayed awake!

    ReplyDelete